Bacteria constantly builds up, forming plaque, which can lead to gum disease. Research indicates that plaque and inflamed gums are also linked to other health conditions such as heart attacks, diabetes, dementia, and more.
Five benefits of having a dental cleaning!
- Prevent tooth decay and tooth loss
- Prevent gum diseases such as gingivitis and periodontitis
- Helps avoid bad breath
- Maintain brighter teeth
- Detect early signs of oral cancer
Sings, you need a dental cleaning!
- Your last cleaning was over six months ago
- Your teeth are sensitive to hot, cold, and sweets
- You are starting to notice bad breath
- Your gums are red, puffy, swollen, or bleed while brushing your teeth
- Your teeth are not as white anymore
Don’t wait until it’s too late!
The American Dental Association recommends two professional cleanings each year. Dental cleanings eliminate the layer of plaque from your teeth. Regular cleanings will help you keep a healthy mouth free of gum disease. Patients with gum disease may require an extra cleaning per year and they may also need a deeper cleaning. Periodontitis is a gum disease that can’t be reversed. Although there is no cure, treatment options are available from our Periodontists and Dental Hygienists at Sage Dental. If your last cleaning was over six months ago, what are you waiting for? Schedule your appointment today!